Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The French

Hello everyone,

I have been absent for over a year, for that I owe you my apologies. If you read this then I am truly sorry. If no one does then it shows that I am apologising to myself for not being able to properly commit to this blog. Forgive me, for I needed to heal and change a little. However, I will yet again, try. I believe I should start out by informing about my current situation.



I am currently studying in France, Sciences Po Toulouse, a chain institution set up Monsieur Charles De Gaulle, a man whom I deeply respect for his views and capabilities and what he tried to do. I am here for a year for an exchange and will be returning to UNMC for my 3rd year of International Relations. I chose this country for I do not understand its people and their views and how it has came to be this way. France is perhaps one of the only veto powered country I do not understand, are they as cowardly as they seem but hold a high façade and ego for they are being protected? Or do they actually have a sort of national identity that holds them together? Surely there are more options but as I said before, I do not understand this country and its people and so I must.


My first week of class has started and I’m afraid it is just as I expected. How very unfortunate for me eh? The system here does not allow for opinions is you are merely a student. A student knows nothing and the Professor knows everything, if the student dares challenge the professor, it might just cause a huge scene. Amazing culture it is here. The hypocrisy is unbelievable, I wonder where is the“Liberté, Egalitaire and fraternité” that the French Republic constantly preach and are so proud of.
In this country you are not allowed to show your true identity or culture, no one here is different. It reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut’s Harrison Bergeron. Perhaps France will be a starting point for that type of world, how very unfortunate for us. However, I suppose it has some merits as everyone here would be considered equal, in the sense that the will be no discrimination in the eyes of the law and politics unlike most of the world. I, however disagree that we have to hide our culture and identity to that extent. I believe that we should be proud of our differences but be respectful towards the differences of others as well, we should learn from one another the merits of our culture and ways. We should be grateful for it rather than hide it away in a closet. Though I see the argument, some might find other religions and cultures offensive to them especially if its shoved in their face, but I feel that humanity need not be so soft and take offense at everything they do not like. Perhaps society in general should be more open to differences and embrace it as part of it, afterall it would be pretty boring if we were all the same, no spice in our cooking, no herbs either. No sushi and sashimi or kimchi and now that I think about it, perhaps, NO KEBABS! A ghastly world it would be definitely if we were all equal and similar in every way.



The stereotype is true. The French are egoists, they are disgusting and are terribly ignorant of the things they do not know and are afraid of. At least that is the Data I have now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment